National 131 Microscope Series
The microscope model that sets the standard for high school instruction. Includes all the most commonly specified features. Rugged metal construction, locked-on parts. Superior DIN optical system and precision mechanical components assure parfocalled and parcentered optical alignment for sharp, unsurpassed viewing. Recommended for instruction through grade 12.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle.
- 45° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student.
- DIN 4x, 10x and 40xR objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, color coded.
- 3-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, has positive click stops.
- 115v 20 watt tungsten illumination, condenser and blue filter, base-mounted on/off switch, heavy duty 3-wire cord. Convenient “grabber” clip on plug lets you wrap the cord around microscope and secure in place by pushing cord into clip for easy storage. No bulky cord hanger needed.
- Optional: Corded LED (Model 131 C-LED) or Cordless LED AA Batteries (Model 131-LED)
- Low position coarse and fine focusing controls.
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed.
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system.
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift.
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses.
- Large 110mm x 120mm (4-3/8 in. x 4-3/4 in.) stage, with locked-on, spring mounted stage slips, drilled and tapped to accept optional mechanical stage (Model 131-MS).
- Built-in 0.65NA condenser lens.
- Calibrated 5-hole disc diaphragm.
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish.
- Base dimensions: 133mm x 175mm (5-1/4 in. x 7 in.)
- Height 360mm (14-1/8 in.) Net wt. 3.1 kgs (6.8 lbs)